- 1 sweet potato
- 1 zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 TBSP Arrowroot powder
- 2 TBSP Fresh Chives or 1 TBSP dry chives
- A few shakes of salt
I hate to repeat myself but for these I will…I love waffles!!! They’re the perfect, compact, grab and go breakfast food. They look lovely on a plate all stacked up. They’re easy to make; and they really hit the spot for me when I’m craving something with bread like consistency.
I came up with this recipe the week before Ironman Lake Placid and we were looking to bank as many carbs as possible. I was so excited to combine some tasty veggies with a bunch of fresh chives from my garden. The result was delicious and I could see using these waffles as a base for all things saucy in the cold weather months like stroganoff, stew, chili, etc. However when I made them this morning they were the perfect foundation for some fried eggs with runny yolks and bacon.
Savory Sweet Potato Chive Paleo Waffles
- Peel and chop sweet potato then boil or microwave until soft
- Peel zucchini
- Combine the sweet potato and zucchini in a bowl and blend with immersion blender (I did not cook the zucchini)
- Add almond butter and mix until smooth
- Whisk in 2 eggs and Arrowroot powder
- Sprinkle in and combine chives and salt with batter
- Cook in waffle iron on high setting. You will want to test the timing out with your maker.I found my waffles took a bit longer than 1 cycle. They will release easily from the maker when done.